Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm from...

I'm from "Brute-force and Ignorance,"
Mom's home daycare,
Lagging for pennies,
Walks to the locks,
Trips down the granny aisle at the second hand shop,
Giggles with cousins,
The smell of books
And learning such facts as how Washington's teeth looked.

I'm from popcorn by handfuls shoved into the mouth,
Operas and plays with Ganny sometimes,
But mostly from MASH, Star Trek, Disney,
And tents midst the trees,
And church on Easter
And striving to please.

I'm from courtesy, intelligence, laughing a lot
But also from kindess toward strangers and hard work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home