Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

About 9:30 pm on Saturday night I experienced something new. I was on the last leg of my trip home from a week in London, flying into SeaTac Airport when I was overtaken by the beauty of home. For years I've politely agreed with people as they comment on how lovely the night lights are of cities, thinking it all amusing, but not amazing. However, as I flew in after six weeks away, the beauty of the lights scattered across hillsides and valleys, coming together with such landmarks as the Space Needle, Safeco Field and Elliot Bay together with a realization that Washington truly is home changed things. It was like I was seeing it all with new eyes. It was gorgeous!

Going to Northern Ireland with Royal Servants and serving God this summer was an honor and an adventure. I loved hanging out with people like Jessica, a 16 year old girl that had three summer jobs, smokes, does drugs on occasion, has a horrible relationship with her parents and cuts herself. I loved telling Samuel, this biker with an uncommon sweetness about how much I love Jesus. I loved cleaning for Marion, an elderly woman we met, on her birthday and holding the hand of her severely disabled middle aged son as he called out the names of each of the girls in my D-Group. I loved getting to invite 11 year old Lewis to spend time with God with me and see the hunger he had for God's word. However, coming home is just as important as every single one of those things that happened in Northern Ireland. Coming home doesn't mean that I stop telling people about how strange and wonderful it is to be in love with God or that I stop encouraging people to grow in maturity or in depth of relationship with God. No, coming home means being as much on a mission for God as I was at training camp, in Northern Ireland and in London.

Thank you for joining with me in ministry, be that through encouragement, prayer or finances! God did amazing things this summer in Northern Ireland and you are a part of it because of how you've been a support to me! I have so much more that happened and would love to share more with you if you like. I would love to share with you what God did! Also, if you would like me to explain what I mean as far as living life on purpose here, ask me about that too!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back amy thanks for all the updates it reminds me to pray for you ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home