Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Monday, June 08, 2009

Quotes I've appreciated lately

"But quickly I saw that the danger of superficiality is cearly as perilous as the danger of excess, perhaps more so. In my concern over falling off the deep end, I realized that I just might fall off the shallow end. My desire to maintain religious respectability could easily result in a domesticated faith. I knew that I dare not let this happen. I must be willing to step out even if the waters look deep."

Richard Foster
"Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home"
Page 235


"There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of a continual conversation with God. Those only can comprehend it who practice and experience it; yet I do not advise you do it from that motive. It is not pleasure which we ought to seek in this exercise; but it us do it form a principle of love, and because God would have us."

Brother Lawrence
"The Practice of the Presence of God"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home