Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Sunday, August 28, 2005

An afternoon in the Sun

Yesterday afternoon, I took my half hour break outside. It was good. I wouldn't have expected it to make to as happy as it did.

I had just bought green tea and a plum to go with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and couldn't imagine sitting inside the breakroom, so I left. I walked out of my store, across the parking lot (or car park as they call them in N. Ireland) and I sat down on an oasis of nature also known as a bark covered pile of dirt with a tree planted in it. The wind was gently blowing and the sunshine made it a wonderful combination. I didn't even smell the exaust.

When my break was over, I felt like I was so happy I could burst! I am so thankful that things so simple as eating in the sunshine under a tree in the middle of a really busy parking lot can make me so happy. I never would have expected it!

If you are reading this, I think you would greatly enjoy it yourself! Go try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home