Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Friday, September 02, 2005

A first for everything

Today I experienced something new. I didn't feel like being an amazing customer service person for the first time. Actually, at work today, I felt just plain burnt out on helping people. I felt like the first part of my shift was about me continually being pulled from one task or person to the next and it seemed like I was going a hundred miles an hour on top of that. I started to feel overwhelmed. I so wanted an excuse to withdraw from people. I was given "Go-Backs" (the stuff people realized they don't want to buy while going through check-out). I'm not sure I've ever been so grateful for them! I was still taking care of people off and on, but I was able to do it just the same.

I've been struggling with the idea of what to do when I get worn out lately and this was such an example. I don't remember praying for anything except for a hug. Why didn't I pour out my heart to God? So strange!

This morning I read about Jesus and the feeding of the five thousand (men, but women and children were there too). After everything, he went off by himself to pray really spent a good chunk of time doing so. After a long day of taking care of people, I plopped down infront of the TV and stayed there.

Pray for me. I'm not sure what is reasonably spiritual progress for me and what is perfectionistic and therefore leading to guilt. Pray for a conviction to a reasonable amount of change and the will to choose it instead of Hallmark movies and Crossing Jordan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home