Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hard Times Liturgy

Lord,

You are all-powerful
You are all-knowing
You are ever-present
You are King of the world and of my heart,
Though a rebellious subject I am.
Still, you are gentle with me
And strong, patient, faithful, considerate
And loving above all else.

I am more precious to you
Than all of the birds, trees, animals, fish and flowers
because I was the crowning part of creation.
I was made to be like you in special and wonderful ways

I don't understand why it sometimes hurts to be me.
Still, I praise you for making me all that you did.

I don't understand why it sometimes hurts living my life .
Still, I praise you for allowing the difficult times.

I don't understand why it sometimes hurts...
And you slip into my presence and strongly support me.
I stand tall only by the power of my King,
Who stands beside me, lending me his strength.
You bring all that I need to go on
and you rejoice with me over OUR victory over who I am and what I went through!

I praise you for you are King of the world and my heart!

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home