Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Sunday, September 18, 2005

In the Storm

Thunder resounds and lightning flashes, filling hearts with dread
Rain from the heavens beats down on the defeated and
An eerie darkness by the name of Fear shadows over all

Something wild and strange
Something powerful
Something so expressive and dangerous and depraved

The storm is wildly all around me and inside me, but I am not like the rest…anymore.
The Lord understood my tempest.
He saw my defeat and hopelessness,
But He caught me up in His joy and in His peace,
He took me into His arms to be my love and to teach me how to be His love
In the midst of the storm.

We do not hide.
Together my Lord and I stand gazing into the sky.
We feel the rain fall on our faces.
His nearness through the storm fills me with purpose and strength
No longer does the tempest deprive me of all that is good.

Now I am the one to be feared
Because my Lord is my joy and peace.
Now I am the one to be feared
As I stand tall and have a world changing hope about me.
Now I am the one to be feared
As I bring joy and peace to the beat down and defeated.
Now I am the one to be feared
Because Fear has no power over me…anymore.


Romans 6:11-14, 8:1, 8:29-39, 15:13, Zephaniah 3:17, John 14:27, John 15:1-17,
Ephesians 6:10-13, Acts 4:20, 2 Corinthians 5:14-21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home