Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Rough Day

So, Thursday and Friday were rough days. It isn't often that I have rough days. For me, this definitely qualified because I was informed that my procrastination and lack of organization resulted in the loss of my health insurance and the delay of applying to Western Washington University for another quarter. Friday, my car battery died.

On Thursday afternoon as I cried my eyes out while showering, I remembered Romans 8:28 and the commentary of "Deadlock" a novel about a Supreme Court Justice becoming a Christian. It coined the phrase "Reverse Paranoia" to describe the effects of the verse that says "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." For whatever reason, all of my flaws have been accounted for in God's master plan and He will use it for my good! As I drove to work on Thursday, after these events, I wondered if I could hold it all together as numerous customers asked me "How are you" and I saw the sun in the sky. It was truly amazing! God used the clouds the make the beauty of the sun's light even prettier than it would have been otherwise! My life would be all the more amazing with all of my problems because God's work would show through. I realized that it was all going to work out. I even got a free Pumpkin Spice Latte on Thursday night.

Today was better. I was offered a job and I got to have some good conversation with a Christian that God had me cross paths with tonight. I also got to knit and read. To say the least, today was pleasant. I liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home