Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Gun in face and Bible in hand

For the past few days I've been wanting to tell someone, anyone a story in my family history that is pretty special.

Between 50 and 70 years ago in Canada, there was a preacher that really loved God. His congregation was in a small country town and one of the members was a young mother. Her children attended with her, but never her husband. The husband thought it all nonsense. Infact, when the preacher would visit this family in particular, he always got a lot of flack from the husband. It got to the point that the pastor's witnessing resulted in a serious threat from the husband. If that man were to step foot on their property again, the husband of this young parishoner of his would kill him. Well, the pastor's love for this man and for Jesus was too great to keep the pastor away from this man. He returned and was greeted with a rifle (well it may have been a shot gun...I don't know the difference). God had something up His sleeve because that day, my grandma's cousin's husband's father became a Christian with the help of Joe Kopp, the father of Tom Kopp, one of my professors at Bible college.

May God use you and me as much as he did Joe Kopp, who was willing to both live and die for the glory of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home