Omerful of Manna

"This is what the LORD has commanded, 'Let an omerful of it be kept throughout your generations, that they may see the bread that I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.'"

Monday, October 31, 2005

"Revolutionaries"...something to ponder

I was reading Brandon Wellcome's webpage when a trend I've noticed and struggled with was brought to my attention: People dissatisfied with the church. Having gone through Ministry Team Training in my early high school years, I was taught to be the solution to the problem you've got with your body of believers. However, a new report and book by George Barna has me thinking about my firmly formed opinion on church. I started to ask myself if it really is okay for people to leave the church building for a small group of believers in a different setting. Today, the obvious way the body of Christ is identified is in a building and by the activities. Our culture seems to be heading away from that. I still strongly value the institution as it is and the heart behind it. I still see programs that a home church could never pull off on its own among and the way God has used churches for centuries. I also see dissatisfaction and have experienced the community we are told to have outside of the church walls and in evenings...at my "Love Feast" as we call it. We eat, talk, pray and share what God is doing. I'm interested to see what happens with this. In the meantime, I am a church-goer that goes and gives and tries to find out how God wants to use me in that setting.

Read the report...maybe even the book.

brandonwellcome.com/blog
http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=BarnaUpdateNarrow&BarnaUpdateID=201

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home